The Senior Control Cable Application Engineer will work with customers to develop products to their specifications and lead the cable product development team to develop products and meet cost targets.
The Senior Control Cable Application Engineer is responsible for leading design and technical reviews with customers and suppliers, leading program launches and preparing and maintaining Bill of Material. Duties include creating DFMEA, DVP&R, and release prints with GD&T. Manage the product testing and lab analysis, as well as manage the R&D projects targeting the strategic objectives of the company. Oversee bench marking and tear down activities including data collection and analysis, report writing and presentations. Be able to manage multi-disciplinary teams and multiple teams to develop several products in parallel.
- Incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s or M.S degree in Engineering from an accredited University.
- 5-10 years work experience with the design and manufacture of mechanical cable systems and components.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R and GD&T.
- Knowledge of car seats product development is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of cable manufacturing processes: zinc fitting die casting, steel sitting swaging, plastic fitting injection molding, cutting to length.
- Excellent planning, organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available to the successful candidate. If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please forward your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org